Standard Code: 7042
Amendment: 3 (Sep 2021)
The aim and objectives of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme are:
(1) HERTLs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
(2) HERTLs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
(3) HERTLs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
(4) Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
(5) The roles and responsibilities of both the HERTL and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
(6) Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
(7) Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
The prerequisites for this training programme are:
A valid OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training certificate AND A valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate or a valid Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Further Certificate AND A valid Radio Operators Certificate of Competence (ROCC) – UKCS Operations only.
The target group for Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme is personnel who are to be appointed to the role of a Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL).
Helideck Training and Competence Framework
These Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) and Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Training Standards form part of a wider industry Helideck Training and Competence Framework including helideck operations initial training, helideck emergency response team member and team leader initial/further training and associated helideck role workplace competence assessment Standards.
For detailed information on OPITO-certified helideck related Standards please view the following:
These Standards are also available in the OPITO Standards Library.